Quickly convert physical machines to virtual machines with VMware free P2V converter. Simultaneous conversions for large environments.
- StarWind V2V Converter is a free download tool that allows the conversion and cloning of VMs from one format to another and is utilized when migration or hypervisor switch is required. Compared to typical converters built into hypervisors, StarWind V2V Converter performs bi-directional conversion between multiple VM formats such as VHD to VMDK.
- Dec 12, 2021 Vmware Converter 4 Download; Vmware Converter 4.0.1 Download; Download Vmware Standalone Converter 4.0.1. VMware Converter, free and safe download. VMware Converter latest version: A free Software utilities program for Windows. VMware Converter is a nice, free Windows software, being part of the category Software utilities.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1: Does AnyConv provide 100% free web service for users?Answer: Yes, AnyConv provides 100% free file conversion.
- Q2: What kind of files can users convert in this tool?
- Q3: What will be done with my files after uploading them on AnyConv's server?Answer: AnyConv deletes input files and all temporary files instantly after any file conversion. We delete output files after 1 hour.
- Answer: Yes, all your files are 100% secure.
- Answer: Input file size can be up to 100 MB, and in the future, we will increase file size.
- Answer: You can convert no more than 60 files per hour. The file size is limited to 100 MB.
- Q7: Can I convert files on iPhone, iPad and other mobile devices?Answer: Yes, you can convert files on any mobile device that has a web browser.
- Q8: Does your tool work on Mac OS and Linux platforms?Answer: Yes, all operating systems are supported. Because AnyConv works online and requires no software installation.
Vm Converter download free. full
Presentation on theme: 'Microsoft virtual machine converter'— Presentation transcript:
1 Microsoft virtual machine converter
2 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter Version 2.0
OverviewFree to download toolStandalone tool supporting Hyper-v 2012 R2 and VSphere 5.5 and aboveConverts VMWare virtual Machines to hyper-v with additional functionality which includes support for later guest operating systems and target hostsMigrate VMWare Virtual Machines to Azure spaceBenefitsQuick to deploySmall installer and UI driven toolSupport for PowerShell which helps to write customizationsBuilt in migration automation toolkitFully supported by MicrosoftNote 1 : VHDX format migration is only possible from VMWare to Hyper-V starting from Windows Server 2012 and aboveNote 2 : VHD format is supported when migrating Virtual Machine from VMWare to Azure
3 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
Supported Source and Destination HostsVMWarevCenter 4.1vCenter 5.1vCenter 5.5ESX/ESXi 4.1ESXi 5.1ESXi 5.5Hyper-V / Microsoft AzureHyper –V 2008 R2 SP1 ( VHD )Hyper—V 2012 ( VHD/ VHDX )Hyper—V 2012 R (VHD / VHDX)Microsoft Azure
4 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
Supported Guest Operating SystemsNote: Microsoft Azure do not support X86 version guestsNote2: Microsoft Azure do not support Windows clients ( All versions )VMWare Hardware Versions478910Supported Guest OSWindows Server 2008 (X86/X64)Windows Server 2008 R2 (X64)Windows Server 2012 (X64)Windows Server 2012 R2 ( X64)Windows Vista Enterprise ( X86/X64)Windows 7 Pro/Ent/Ultimate ( X86/X64)Windows 8 Pro/Ent ( X86/X64)RHEL 5/6 (X86/X64)Ubuntu 10.04/12.04 (X86/x64)SLES 11 (X86/X64)CentOS 5/6 ( X86/x64)Debian GNU/Linux 7 (X86/X64)Oracle Linux 5/6 ( X86/X64)
5 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
Supported VMWare Virtual Disk ConfigurationsNote: Virtual Machine disk should be of VMDK format.VMWare Virtual MachinesSupported Guest OS versionsSupported VMWare Virtual Disk TypesMonolithicFlatMonolithicSparseTwoGbMaxExtentflatTwoGbMaxExtentSparseStreamOptimizedVmfsVmfsSparseDelta disk conversion
6 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
Destination / Hyper-V Side RequirementsNote: Migration will have two identically sized files , hence double the size of capacity per VMVMWare Virtual MachinesUser account should have appropriate privileges to conduct migrationHyper-V RequirementsAccount Should have appropriate privileges to conduct migrationAccount should have write access to UNC path ( SMB share ) on Hyper-v HostDouble the size of source VMDK capacity per VM migrationFor Windows GuestsDisable Firewall, enable RDP and ensure VMWare tools are installedRemote access through WMI is enabled on source VMWare VMAccount should be part of AD and has local administrator privileges
7 Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter
Azure RequirementsNote: Migration will have two identically sized files , hence double the size of capacity per VMVMWare Virtual MachinesMVMC 2.0 performs virtual machine conversion to VHDs and upload the disks to Microsoft Azure blob storageAzure RequirementsMVMC 2.0 requires management certificate used to authenticate user subscription ID on Microsoft AzureRequires storage account to upload and store the converted VHDs in Microsoft AzureTo convert and upload to Microsoft Azure, PowerShell 3.0 Runtime component is required on the machine on which MVMC 2.0 is running ( especially when running on legacy OS )
8 Converting a VM : High level Process
MVMC will connect to vCenter/ESXi & select the guest to be convertedMVMC will checkpoint the VM / snapshot the VM and uninstall VMWare toolsVMDK to VHD / VHDX copy and conversion will take placeTurn on the VM at the end of the process
9 Converting a VM : High level Process
Important Points to be consideredBulk conversions are not possible, only one VM can be converted at a timeVMWare tools are not required on Hyper-v end, hence uninstall them before converting, but snapshot will still have VMWare tools in itDuring copy and conversion, migration time should include copy, conversion and network time should be factored into overall migration effortSupports Stateless VM migration considering the fact the downtime is very minimal ( just for reboot )
Microsoft Vm Converter Download
10 Migration automation toolkit for mvmc 2.0
PowerShell scripts that wrapper MVMC 2.0 with automation to perform multiple conversions simultaneouslyFree download, edit and customizeUses free SQL Express to store information about the conversion processSupports multiple simultaneous conversions per MVMC 2.0 machineScales out across multiple machines running MVMC 2.0 and scripts all coordinated from central node. More helper nodes = more simultaneous conversions. This means MVMC 2.0 can be installed on multiple systems and each of the MVMC nodes ( systems ) can run 1-3 migrations at a time