At the moment, the offerings are slim for official downloads—Google Operating System points to Creative Commons material like Standford University's channel —but more should be on the way. Feb 12, 2009 At the moment, the offerings are slim for official downloads—Google Operating System points to Creative Commons material like Standford University's channel —but more should be on the way. To download your purchase, you'll need to be signed in to your YouTube app using the same Google Account used to make the purchase. You don't need to be a YouTube Premium subscriber to download a purchased movie or TV show episode. How to download a video purchased from Microsoft Store? The order page has no link to download. Meanwhile, a confirmation email from Microsoft stated that the video is available for downloading right now. Where's the link to downloading or at least to viewing the file? Virtual help for Microsoft Store is useless. It's a waste of time.
- Youtube Purchased Movies Download
- Download Youtube Purchased Movie
- How To Download Youtube Purchased Movies
This article was co-authored by Chiara Corsaro and by wikiHow staff writer, Nicole Levine, MFA. Chiara Corsaro is the General Manager and Apple Certified Mac & iOS Technician for macVolks, Inc., an Apple Authorized Service Provider located in the San Francisco Bay Area. macVolks, Inc. was founded in 1990, is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating, and is part of the Apple Consultants Network (ACN).
The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article's instructions and verified that they work.
This article has been viewed 407,928 times.
Now that streaming services like Netflix and Hulu are so popular, it's hard to find movies available for download. Although some services let you save movies for offline viewing, you can't actually store their files on your USB drive. This wikiHow teaches you how to download movies (legally) from the internet and save them to your removable flash drive.
- 1Find a movie to download. Unless you find a movie that's freely available in the public domain, it's illegal to download commercial movies from the internet.That's one expensive movie! Instead, try any of these resources to download movies that won't get you in trouble with the law:
- Vuze StudioHD Network (requires a Bittorrent client)
- Public Domain Torrents (requires a Bittorrent client).
- You can also check out How to Download YouTube Videos to learn how to download videos from YouTube—just make sure you have permission first.
- There are tons of movie torrent websites out there. Just remember that downloading copyrighted movies is illegal and people definitely do get caught (especially when they aren't using safe VPNs).
- 2Download the video file to your computer. The steps to do this depend on the type of site you're using. If you're using the Internet Archive or another non-torrent site, just click the name of the movie and select the Download link. It may look like an upside-down arrow or might contain the video's size and/or resolution. If you're using a torrent site like Vuze or Public Domain Torrents, follow these steps:
- Install a Bittorrent client if you haven't already. Some popular options are uTorrent and the original BitTorrent.
- Click the video's title and select the Download link, which may look like a downward-pointing arrow or even a link with the video's size and/or resolution. This will download a file that ends with '.torrent' to your computer.
- Double-click the downloaded .torrent file in your default downloads folder. This should open your BitTorrent client.
- If you haven't set up your BitTorrent client yet, you'll usually be asked to select a download location. Your download should begin immediately.
- 3Plug your flash drive into the computer. It should fit into a USB port in your computer's housing.
Tip: If your computer doesn't have standard USB-A ports, you'll need either a Thunderbolt 3-to-USB adapter or a USB-C flash drive.
- 4Copy your movie file. Click the downloaded movie file, then press Ctrl+C (PC) or ⌘ Command+C to copy it. If you're using a Mac, you can also copy the file by clicking the Edit menu and selecting Copy (movie name).
- 5Open This PC (PC) or Finder (Mac) . If you're using a PC, click the search bar, type this pc, and press the Enter key. If you're on a Mac, click the two-toned smiley face icon on the Dock, which is usually at the bottom of the screen.
- 6Open your flash drive. If you're using Windows, double-click its icon in the center panel. If you're using a Mac, click it in the left panel.
- If you're using Windows and don't see anything below the 'Devices and drives' heading, double-click the heading.
- 7Right-click a blank area of the flash drive and select Paste. This copies the movie to your flash drive. This could take several minutes if the movie is a large file.
- If you're using a Mac, you could also click the Edit menu and select Paste.
- 8Eject your flash drive . Once the movie file has successfully transferred onto your flash drive, you can safely eject the flash drive. If you're using a Mac, click the upward-facing arrow to the right of the flash drive's name in the left panel. If you're using Windows, click the flash drive-shaped icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select Eject.
- 9Remove your flash drive. When prompted, you can pull your flash drive out of your computer's port.Advertisement
Community Q&AAdd New Question
- Can I use any USB flash drive to store my movies?Chiara Corsaro is the General Manager and Apple Certified Mac & iOS Technician for macVolks, Inc., an Apple Authorized Service Provider located in the San Francisco Bay Area. macVolks, Inc. was founded in 1990, is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating, and is part of the Apple Consultants Network (ACN).Computer SpecialistIt depends on how much space is on your flash drive and how big your movies are. If you only have a 500 MB flash drive and a movie takes up 1 GB, it won't fit on the flash drive. You may need to get an external hard drive (which is basically a big flash drive) to store your movies.
- Why is it that when I download the movie on the flash drive and I put it on my smart TV it keeps saying 'no files' when I look for the movie?Community AnswerPerhaps the video format is not compatible with your TV. For example, .mkv files don't work on mine.
- Do you know of a suitable website to download movies from?Community AnswerExtraTorrent.cc (not dot com). This website is similar to KickassTorrents. Make sure you have a good adblocker like Ublock Origin, and remember to use a VPN to keep your downloading anonymous!
- How do I transfer a movie that I downloaded to my tablet onto a USB flash drive?Community AnswerIt depends on where you downloaded it. Usually it'll go straight to your 'Downloads' section. Copy it (right click on the movie and click 'Copy' from the menu that appears), and then paste it to your flash drive's folder.
- How can I download movies for free?Community AnswerDisclaimer: this is illegal. You can get UTorrent, a good VPN, and find a torrent site. Check the ratings and comments, then download the torrent and remember to seed to share with others if you have a VPN!
- How can I upload photos from my phone to a USB drive?Community AnswerThere's no way to do so directly; you'll have to either connect your phone to a computer to copy them or send them to yourself from the phone via email or social media messaging.
- Do I need a computer to download a movie?Community AnswerYes, you do most of the time because a phone or tablet will not have a USB port on itself without a dongle or adapted USB. If you have an adapted USB or dongle, then it should work fine.
- What format do you copy a movie on a flash drive to play on a HD TV?Community AnswerIt depends. If your HD TV is a smart one, then it might play .mp4. Otherwise, you might have to get a computer that supports the option to use another screen and plug your flash drive into it. If your TV is smart, then plug it in and see what happens. If nothing happens, then try downloading the application Plex and learn how to make a Plex server.
- Is there any way to do it on Chromebook?Community AnswerYes. If your Chromebook has a USB port, then it should open the files app and show you the contents of your flash drive. Now just go to your Google drive (or wherever you store you’re movies) and copy the movies by clicking on one and dragging it to the place where it shows the name of your flash drive.
- Make sure you trust the source of the movie before downloading it.Thanks!
- If you're using a popular torrent site like The Pirate Bay, you can check the rating and comments of each torrent before downloading to make sure it is safe. If there are no ratings or comments (or if the ratings are poor), don't download the movie.Thanks!
- When downloading a torrent, you may find extra files in the download that you don't need or want, such as sample pictures or text files. You can usually uncheck the files you don't want when prompted to avoid downloading them.Thanks!
- If your computer alerts you that the file you've downloaded is a virus, delete the file and immediately run your computer's antivirus program.Thanks!
You Might Also Like
About This Article
1. Find a safe movie to download.
2. Download the video file.
3. Copy the file to your clipboard.
4. Insert a USB flash drive.
5. Open Finder or This PC.
6. Open the flash drive.
7. Paste the copied video file.
8. Safely eject the flash drive.
Youtube Purchased Movies Download
Download Youtube Purchased Movie
How To Download Youtube Purchased Movies
Reader Success Stories
- 'How to download Google to USB helped.'